Noravank monastery is considered to be the pulpit of Syunik bishops. The main church of St. Karapet was built in 1227. The relieves on the entrance tympanum and the windows on the western facade are very interesting from an architectural point of view. To the south of the complex one can see a two-storied sepulcher church built in 1339. This tomb monument can be traced to the 4th or 5th centuries. To the right of the entrance of the tympanum, one can find recently discovered stalactite caves. The monastery had been completely reconstructed and reopened in 1999. The magnificent landscape of mountains, surrounding the monastery, display a beautiful array of colors from the sun’s reflection.
Get in touch
19 Hrachya Kochar street, #39 Yerevan 0012, Republic of Armenia