(8 days/7 nights)
Day 1. Arrival (Light day)
- Arrival at Zvartnots International Airport
- Accommodation at the hotel.
- Visiting Noy Brandy Factory (open from Mon- Fri), Vernissage (Outdoor handcrafts market)
- Yerevan City Tour (Republic Square, Opera House, Cascade)
- Transfer to hotel
Day 2 Yerevan – Geghard-Garni- Havuts Tar
Hiking route – Garni – Azat gorge – Symphony of Stones- Havuts Tar (a moderate hike, 10km)
- Moving to Kotayk province and visiting Geghard monastery (4-13th UNESCO World Heritage site).
- Visit Garni Temple (1st AD) – the only preserved pagan temple in the whole Caucasus.
- Lunch at the local restaurant
- Hike through the Azat gorge (UNESCO World Heritage site) with the beautiful scenery to the Symphony of Stones.
- Move on with a gradual ascent to half-ruined Havuts Tar Monastic Complex and back at the same way.
- Back to Yerevan
- Spare time
- Dinner at the local restaurant
- Transfer to hotel
- Overnight in hotel.
Day 3 Yerevan-Odzun-Alaverdi-Sanahin-Kayan-Haghpat-Dzoraget
Hiking route – Sanahin-Kayan-Haghpat ( a moderate hike, 10km)
- Moving to Lori province and visiting Odzun monastery (6th c. domed basilica)
- Lunch in Alaverdi
Moving to Sanahin Monastery (966 AD, UNESCO World Heritage site)
- Hike to Kayan fortress and move on to Haghpat monastery (976 AD, UNESCO World Heritage site )
Drive to Dzoraget village.
- Check in at the hotel of Аvan Dzoraget Tufenkian .
- Spare time.
Day 4. Dzoraget- Dilijan-Haghartsin-Lake Parz – Goshavank – Hovq
Hiking route –Lake Parz – Goshavank ( a moderate hike, 4km)
- Moving to Dilijan (spa town) and visiting Haghartsin Monastery (13th)
- Drive to Lake Parz (meaning clear lake)
- From Lake Parz hike to Goshavank monastery (12-13th cc)
- Drive to Hovq village
Day 5. Hovq- Yenokavan- Sevan ( Eco day)
Hiking route – Yenokavan – Cave of Lastiver – Waterfalls of Lastiver (a moderate hike, 7 km)
- exploring the wonderful nature of Hovq
- Moving to Yenokavan canyon
- Hike to the Cave of Lastiver and to the Waterfalls of Lastiver
- Drive to lake Sevan in Gegharkunik province
- Check in at the hotel of Harsnaqar
Day 6. Sevanavank-Noratus- Yeghegnadzor
- Visiting Sevanavank monastery (9th c) on the peninsula of lake Sevan
- Move to Noratus cemetary with 900 khachkars (stone crosses).
- Drive to Yeghegnadzor in Vayots Dzor province
- Check in at the hotel of Arpa
- Spare time
Day 7. Yeghegnadzor- Noravank -Khor Virap – Yerevan
Hiking route – Amaghu – Noravank ( a moderate hike, 5km)
- Moving to Amaghu village
- Hike to Noravank monastery (13th c)
- Moving to Ararat province to visit Khor Virap ( 7-17th meaning deep pit) and enjoying the breathtaking view of Biblical Mount Ararat.
- Back to Yerevan
- Check in at the hotel of Nairi
Day 8 Departure
- Check-out of the hotel
- Transfer to the International Zvartnots Airport.
Please Contact Us for further information, terms/conditions and rates.
Sample Itinerary is subject to changes.
List of what is included
- Welcome drink
- Hotel accommodation
- Visa support
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Bottled water
- Tents, walking poles
- English speaking trekking guide
- English speaking tour guide (in city)
- Entrance fees to the sites as per itinerary
- Meeting at the airport
- Tours and transfers as per itinerary
List of what is not included
- Air ticket
- Visa fee
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal equipment and sleeping bags
- Meals except described
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
Deposits and Refunds
- A non-refundable 30% deposit is required upon reservation
- Full payment done at least 15 days before departure
- Penalty applicable for cancellations before departure
- No refund after departure date
- Insurance abailable upon request
Which equipment is used
- Hiking boots
- Long sleeve shirts
- Rain jacket with a hood- Preferably waterproof and breathable material
- Rain trousers- Waterproof and breathable material
- Personal hygienic items
- Backpack for extra clothes during the day
- Sun protection, sunglasses with UV protection
- Sun hat
- Medications of personal use
- Sleeping bags
- Walking poles
Any other special info?
- Good health and physical fitness is required on all trips.
- Tourists are advised to make travel insurance arrangements in their own countries. It should provide adequate protection for the full duration of the tour to cover personal injury, medical expenses, loss of luggage.
- Depending on weather conditions the company reserves the right to make changes to the itinerary.
- The participants need to bring their own personal equipment and sleeping bags.
- Best time to visit Armenia: from the beginning of May to the end of October.
- In Armenia air is dry so if you have asthma and other respiration problems please consult with your doctor and take the necessary medications with you.
- If you are wearing contact lenses bring also your glasses.
- If you have special dietary requirements (e.g. Vegetarian) please kindly inform us beforehand.
Get in touch
19 Hrachya Kochar street, #39 Yerevan 0012, Republic of Armenia